Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Doctor updates and a new photo

I went to the doctor on Tuesday and needless to say it was a crazy mess. I got my 1 hour glucose test results back and the number was elevated so today I had to take the 3 hour glucose test and hopefully next week we will know for sure if I have gestational diabetes and how severe the case is. The baby's heart rate was also elevated yesterday and I had to do an NST, or stress test, for 15 min to make sure the babies heart rate came down. It did the second I got on the monitor and stayed around 160 bpm the whole time, so that was good. We got an ultrasound finally! The baby is weighing around 6.7 pounds, give or take a pound, which is about a week ahead. The doctor said that is good and that the baby won't be huge! Thank you, I broke my Mom's huge baby curse! However, when he measured the head it's measuring 9 cm, which is considered full term. I would definitely say that is my gigantic head, and I need to give a shout out to my Dad for giving me that head! I'm going to the doctor again on Tuesday and will let you know how that goes!


The picture below is a frontal view of the face!

0 comments: