Tuesday, October 7, 2008

25 week update

Just a regular checkup today, nothing fancy and no new pictures. I'm continually gaining weight which is mildly traumatizing. The baby's heart rate is at a healthy 150bpm and it sure was squirmy this morning. It took the doctor 5 min to catch the heart beat. As a note to myself, do not eat sugary breakfast cereal before visiting the doctor because you will test positive for sugar, which you are not supposed to, awesome. My next visit is in 2 weeks, and all my visits will be two weeks apart from now on until we get closer to Jan 19th. At my next visit I get to drink some really nasty drink and have blood drawn to test for gestational diabetes and anemia, woo hoo! A new development in baby's movement. On special occasion you can see what I can only describe as a growth appear magically on one side of my stomach which I have decided is the baby's head poking out when it shifts positions, it's pretty cool to see! Oh and we finally registered for baby stuff at Babies R Us, we ended up with 55 items and the lady next to me had like 180 on her registry. I have no idea how you can possibly pick out 180 things. I think we got most of our bases covered, but apparently I'm mistaken and missing 125 things? I really have no idea. I mean we didn't register for any diaper stuff, because we are choosing to go the cloth route, and we already have some big items, thanks to Mommy and Daddy, and we didn't register for clothes because we don't know the sex, so maybe that's what I'm missing? Who knows really. And one last thing, this week apparently the baby finally has a hair color.....so everyone cross their fingers it's red!

1 comments:

Uncle Bunny said...

Oh my god. The only thing you need is industrial diapers that hold in all that green goo that if the child is like the mother will come exploding out of any opening possible, only to land on say an unsuspecting uncle. You look great babe. Make sure your taking care of you. Don't get run down. If you need something tell hubby to get it or you'll be practicing soccer kicks to his tush. Chris you've obviously been practicing your construction skills since the green house fiasco. You'll fit right in in Ola. Take the round peg and put it in the square hole. Pound it till it fits.lol You three take care. Love you big as the sky